"Thirty-one states have voted on the definition of marriage and every one voted to define marriage as the union of one man and one woman," Brian Brown, the president of the National Organization for Marriage, said in a statement. "Not only will we mount a successful referendum campaign, we will hold every Washington legislator accountable for his or her vote."
Read more here: Tri-city Herald
To preserve and protect marriage in this state, only a union between one man and one woman shall be valid or recognized as a marriage by this state or its political subdivisions and no legal status for unmarried persons shall be created or recognized by this state or its political subdivisions that is similar to that of marriage.
- Washington Poised for Marriage Equality (mlp.org)
- Editorial: Moving Ahead on Marriage Equality (nytimes.com)
- Governors O'Malley And Gregoire Criticize Christie For Advocating A Popular Vote On Marriage Equality (thinkprogress.org)
- Maine poised for 2nd public vote on gay marriage (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- New Hampshire Marriage Equality Repeal Vote Delayed Until at Least February (towleroad.com)